In addition to looking here to see what we’ve been up to, you can look at our Facebook page where you’ll find lots of photos and stories about past and future events of the club.Click Here For Our Facebook Page
Fowl Ball Fundraiser - March 21
To purchase tickets click here.
February 26 - Rotary Happy Hour SanTan Brewery Uptown
Mark your calendars for Happy Hour!
When: Wednesday, February 26, 5 - 7 pm
Appetizers are free and attendees pay for their own drinks at happy hour prices.
There will be 2 raffles for gift certificates for SanTan Brewery and extra raffles for bar items (t-shirts, etc.). Raffle tickets are $1 each and can be purchased when attendees get their name tags. Money raised from the raffles helps pay for the appetizers.
Phx Rotary 100 Career-Community Award of Merit - Oct 16th, 2015
Former Supreme Court Justice Sandra Day O'Connor Wins Prestigious Phoenix Rotary 100 Career-Community Award of Merit
Phoenix Rotary 100 presented the Honorable Justice Sandra Day O’Connor with the club's prestigious and coveted Career-Community Award of Merit in memory of Phoenix Mayor John Driggs, who was also a member of Phoenix Rotary 100 in October, 2015.
Kenya Water Project - Progress Report
The long-awaited start to the third Kenya Water Project is moving swiftly now toward completion. This project led by the RC of Ashville, North Carolina (RD7670) and the RC of Naivasha, Kenya (RD9210), is in cooperation with our District 5490, districts 4130 and 5450, plus the Maasai Education Resource Coalition (MERC) to bring good water from the earth to schools, villages and an orphanage in Maasailand. The report of the project filed by manager Charles Takai follows.
Kenya Water Project Update
Subject: Project work Progress.
Thank you for the wonderful concern you have for Ewor Emayian people. We also wish to forward our appreciation to your organization Rotary International for making it possible the financial assistance contribution for our project success and many thanks come from the beneficiaries of Ewor Emayian community and School children …
The project had been started well and is progressing well:
I would like to highlight some of the project activities which have been accomplished as from 15th May – 25th June, 2015.
Several community meetings were conducted with local leaders to discuss critical issues at initial project entry point, so that the local community supports the project right from the beginning.
· Meetings with the 3 schools management committee Moi Ewor Emayian, children’s orphanage, and Rotian primary schools to discuss trees planted in a school compound.
· Prime Rig Ltd had been deployed 2 plumbers, 1 water engineer and other skilled masons to the site to oversee the project implementation.
· About 94 youths from the local community were hired by Prime Rig Ltd to dig trenches of 2.5 feet’s depth.
· 4 concrete foundation pillars of main water tower are completed.
· Pump house and the main store foundation at the borehole site completed.
· All pegging of main water pipeline was completed with technical drawing and other structural plans were done.
· The foundation slab of main tanks of Moi Ewor Enkitok primary school and children’s orphanage were completed.
· About 5.5kms of digging trenches for gravity pipeline supply system have been completed.
· Sufficient assorted material were delivered to the bore hole site store e.g. fabricated steel plate for the tower, ordinary cement, Stones/bricks, ballasts, sands, and hardcore etc.
· Elephant proof fencing pegging around water source was completed.
· The three water kiosks construction are in progress to the lintel level Olekaria, Ewor Enkitok and Olgenchemi clusters.
· The two other water kiosk were raised to the slab level.
· Pegging of cattle trough site has been done waiting for excavation and construction.
· Water Project Management Committees are meeting weekly to monitor and review work progress.
Ewor Emayian water project plan of action for July, 2015.
· Digging Olekaria cluster trenches
· Laying pipes connect and backfilling for the 5.5kms completed.
· Start to erect elephant proof fence at the borehole site.
· The 3 water kiosks which are in progress will be completed.
· The delivery of more building materials to the main store at the site.
· Moi Ewor Enkitok primary school and children’s orphanage two water tanks foundation slabs of 10,000 liters which are on progress will be completed.
· Hold training for water management committee on general management, operation and maintenance for future sustainability.
· Water tower will be build up to water tank base of 9 meters height.
· Cattle trough construction will commence.
· Management committee will meet on weekly basic to monitor the progress.
· Conducted exercise of tree planting in 3 schools around the project area.
· Some part of the area the ground is so hard to dig especially when there’s no rain to soften the ground.
· Most of the construction materials are brought from far distance because the materials are not available around the area.
I take this opportunity to wish you a very happy wonderful moment filled with peace.
We are ready to answer any information you might ask related to this project.
Thanks for your support.
Charles P. Takai –Project field Manager
Hermosillo Wheelchair Distribution
Every now and then members of Phoenix Rotary 100 get together with other Rotarians from around the district and deliver wheelchairs to folks who need them in Hermosillo, Mexico. Quite often, our luncheon speakers are shown our appreciation by a donation of a wheelchair in their name to this worthwhile ongoing project.